Sunday, September 2, 2012

Deciding to Commit

Hey there Internet. So I've been having a tough time lately. Over the course of all the drama that has been my life for the past year plus, I've put on about 25-30 pounds. I've basically just been turning to food to cope with everything I've had going on. I feel completely out of control of any aspect of myself or my life. I'm frustrated, overweight, and it's gotten to the point where I just feel incredibly unhealthy. Blah.

I've decided it's time to make a change. I've always done the lose weight thing, maintain for awhile, then go back to eating like crap and gain it all back. I've never been able to successfully stick to any kind of exercise routine, and I inevitably turn to food when I'm unhappy. I'm tired of it all. It's really time to get my shit together for real.

So, I ordered the Insanity workout program today. I know, I know. It's completely and totally beyond my current fitness capabilities. But I don't care. I'll go at my own pace. I'll do what I can. It's a 60 day program and seriously, I know that I am MORE than capable of committing to something for two months. I just have to want it bad enough. And I do. I need something to focus on, something positive. Something to take my mind off of everything, and something to improve my mental and physical well-being.

And I know I've said all this a million times before. That's the nature of yo-yo dieting, yo-yo exercising. I commit, and then I give up, or fall off the wagon, or whatever. I want to make a real, actual CHANGE this time. I'm not getting any younger, but I believe I am getting wiser.

So here goes. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment